Two tracks are offered, one in Danish and one in English. The following Bachelor’s degree programmes will qualify students for admission to the Master’s degree programme in political science, both tracks.
- Bachelor’s degree programme in political science from Aarhus University.
- Bachelor’s degree programme in political science from the University of Copenhagen.
- Bachelor’s degree programme in political science from the University of Southern Denmark.
- Bachelor’s degree programme in political science from the University of Iceland.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 80 ECTS within the fields of political science (comparative politics, political institutions, political conduct, political theory, political sociology, international politics, policy analysis and public administration and political science methodologies) and a minimum of 60 ECTS within the fields of political science (see above) or general social sciences (e.g. methodology, economics, sociology, psychology or law) and a minimum of 20 ECTS of political science research methods.
For both tracks, English at upper secondary B level is required. On the Danish track, Danish at upper secondary A level is required.
Months of entry
A broad, research-oriented degree programme
Does diversity jeopardise the welfare state? How is political radicalisation prevented? Why are Scandinavians more trustful than others? At the Department of Political Science our objective is to choose the right research strategies, methods and theoretical concepts that will enable us to answer such questions. This may involve conducting surveys, statistical modelling or interviews, spending hours at the library or going on field trips to the Middle East.
The MSc in Political Science is the flagship degree of our top European political science department, whose high ratings and research attract academics from around the globe to its vibrant community of scholars. This is a high-quality, two-year programme for those who seek a comprehensive political science education focusing on research design and methodology. The programme gives students the possibility of specialising in the subfields of comparative politics, political theory, political sociology, international relations, public policy or public administration.
Quality teaching in an informal learning environment
The MSc in Political Science is dedicated to the highest-quality teaching in an informal and egalitarian learning environment. Students are always welcome to approach the teaching staff, whose doors are open to anybody wishing to propose a supervised reading course, for example. Students are expected to engage actively in classroom debates. They also collaborate in small-scale comparative projects that make the most of the international study environment.
Variety and opportunities
The MSc in Political Science is flexible, giving students the opportunity to design their own course programme. Talented students may even be offered a chance to work as research assistants on on-going projects. Some students will spend a semester abroad at one of our partner institutions or do an internship in a company or organisation.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- MSc by research
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +45 8715 0000