A good honours degree (or equivalent), normally in a related subject. Applicants with professional experience are also encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
Explore contrasting periods of history using different historical and interdisciplinary approaches that will develop your critical awareness and research skills. Become a true historian, able to sustain arguments and solve problems, with a richer understanding of how history is communicated to the wider public, and how it helps us address present-day issues.
- Join a Masters course built on the expertise of our BA (Hons) History (95% for ‘Satisfied with Teaching,’ The Guardian University Guide 2018) and our History research (world-leading status, Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Benefit from our links with local organisations, including the Cambridgeshire Collection and Imperial War Museum, Duxford
- Extend your mastery of the top two most required skills for 2020*: complex problem solving and critical thinking (World Economic Forum)
- Prepare for your career with innovative assessment methods such as researching and writing radio programmes and planning exhibitions
On our MA History, you will learn to critically examine different periods of history - including social, cultural, political and public history - and conduct original research at both local and global levels.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Customer Service