Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants with an Honours Degree, normally 2.1 or above, (makes student eligible for Graduate Basis Recognition of the British Psychological Society (BPS)) will be considered. Please see Aston University's website for more infomation.
Months of entry
By studying Health Psychology MSc at Aston, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the theory underpinning health psychology. You’ll build your knowledge of advanced research methodology, and the of
qualitative and quantitative data to carry out independent work and conduct your own research project in a specialist topic under expert supervision.
Throughout your time on the course, you’ll develop a wide range of skills and a broad knowledge of the subject area, so that on successful graduation you will be able to:
- Critically evaluate health psychology theory and its application to multiple settings and different population groups.
- Use health psychology evidence to develop and critically evaluate health psychology interventions.
- Manage ethical issues across different areas of health psychology practice.
- Recognise health inequalities in multicultural contexts and settings and to make recommendations for health psychology research and practice accordingly.
- Advanced Research Methods in Health Psychology
- Health Behaviours and Behaviour Change Interventions
- Health Inequalities and Public Heath
- Psychobiology of Illness and Long-term Conditions
- Research Project
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- + 44 (0)121 204 3000