- We welcome applications from candidates interested in our course who have the skills and capability to excel. All candidates are considered on an individual basis based on their qualifications, experience, references and motivation.
A first or upper second class honours degree in clinical physiology or equivalent in a life sciences based subject e.g., chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacology, physiology, physical science subject is required or, when outside the UK, a degree or qualification deemed to be at least of equivalent standing.
Please visit Aston University’s website for more information.
Months of entry
The programme provides existing practitioners with the skills and knowledge to become more autonomous in their roles and have the ability to improve and evaluate services for patients – to become an advanced practitioner.
The modules are available by distance / blended learning, allowing you flexibility in the way that you study.
The PgCert in Neurophysiology is a postgraduate training programme for the NHS Accredited Specialist Scientific Practice Programme (ASSP). This provides the neurophysiology workforce with the ability to meet specific workforce needs in nerve conduction and EMG as well as paediatric and intensive care EEG.
· Introduction to Healthcare Science: The overall aim of this introductory module is to provide a broad knowledge and understanding of science and scientific knowledge, contextualised to the practice of healthcare science and the services provided by their healthcare science division/specialism.
· Professional Practice: This module will provide you with an opportunity to learn about healthcare science practice and its ethical and legal requirements.
You will also choose to take one of the following optional modules*:
· Nerve Conduction and Evoked Potentials: This module will introduce you to the underlying theory of carrying out nerve conduction studies and evoked potentials and their role in clinical practice.
· EEG in Practice: This module will enable you to understand the role of EEG in the management of adults and children.
*Details provided are intended to give an overview of the proposed aims and content in modules, they are not a complete exhaustive and definitive description of module content.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44(0)121 204 3200