This programme requires: a) A good UK honours degree (2.2 minimum), or equivalent for overseas students. As well as
- Two professional references, at least one of which must be from an academic referee.
- An official academic transcript of your university grades to date.
- A completed application form, available on our website
- Candidates must have quantitative and analytical skills.
- Applicant must have studied some finance, economics or other quantitative modules at undergraduate level.
Months of entry
This programme will provide students with knowledge, understanding and the skills appropriate for career in the financial sector particularly in banking or investment management. The programme has a strong focus on practical application of finance withing a trading or corporate setting. In the summer term, students have the option of attending preparation and revision classes for the CFA Level One programme. The programme culminates in a financial analyst evaluation for a UK listed company for your 60 credit final project.
Outline of Programme
You will study equity, debt and derivative markets in domestic and international sectors. You will discover how to undertake security valuation and portfolio management as well as learning about the key techniques used by financial traders. The knowlegde and skills from the taught modules will be blended together for the final investment analysis project. Students are encouraged to complete Reuters Certification- a recognised professional qualification. Complete outline for all modules are available online.
Information for international students
An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date is required. International students whose native language is not English will also need to satisfy our English Language requirements. For full entry requirements please visit our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Aston Business School Postgraduate Admissions Office
- +44 (0)121 204 3200