Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
One of the following:
- A minimum of a second class Honours Degree from a UK academic organisation.
- Equivalent overseas degree recognised by Aston University.
As well as:
- Two professional references – at least one must be from an academic referee
- A completed application form.
Months of entry
This programme provides students with an in-depth and high level of scientific knowledge and understanding of data science that is applicable to industry, with the option to focus on specific areas of interest through their choice of a research project. It enables students to develop an informed and critical appreciation of recent scientific and industrial developments in data science and analytics.
As a core part of the programme, you will receive 1 hour of face to face tutorial time per week per module. The remainder of the study is undertaken via flexible and self-directed study. For 2019/20, the tutorial teaching is delivered in one block of 4 hours, reducing the need for students to be present on campus on multiple days. We anticipate a similar arrangement for those students joining us in 2020, thereby facilitating potential students from the local region who would welcome the opportunity to study this industry-relevant subject alongside existing working commitments.
Information for international students
- An official academic transcript, with an official English translation, of your university grades to date
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. Find out more about our English language requirements
- For more information about qualifications view our Aston in your future webpage.
- Pre-sessional English language programmes are available for good applicants whose English qualification falls just short of these requirements. Information on visas for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- MSc Dual award
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Aston Course Enquiries