We welcome applications from candidates interested in our course who have the skills and capability to excel. All candidates are considered on an individual basis based on their qualifications, experience, references and motivation.
Applicants must posses a good honours degree (minimum lower 2nd class or equivalent) from a recognised university in a biological, biomedical or biochemistry based subject.
Months of entry
Our taught MSc Biomedical Sciences programme is designed to provide training and experience in Biomedical Sciences. The specific aims are to:
- provide a high level of scientific knowledge and understanding of disease processes from the molecular to the body/systems level
- develop an informed and critical appreciation of recent scientific developments in relation to diagnostic laboratory pathology
- enable students to gain, through a research project, additional specialist knowledge and practical expertise
- prepare students for a broad spectrum of career opportunities spanning academic, commercial, industrial and healthcare applications of biomedical sciences. The course is also an excellent foundation for further studies leading to a PhD.
Why study MSc Biomedical Sceince at Aston?
- Gain a high level of scientific knowledge and understanding of human physiology from the molecular to the body/systems level
- Ideal route towards unlocking a career in the pharmaceutical industry, the Scientific Civil Service or for further studies leading to a PhD
- 2nd in Subjects Allied to Medicine (2017 Sunday Times University Guide)
- Research in Allied Health Professions and Studies ranked 5th out of 97 UK higher education institutions (REF 2014).
Information for international students
Applicants from those whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country. Find out more about our English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Aston University offers a range of scholarships each year. Find out more on our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- + 44 (0)121 204 3000