Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We welcome applications from those who have:
- a 2.2 undergraduate degree in areas such as Law, Business, Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Engineering (or any other discipline); or
- 3 years’ work experience in a procurement-related field (degree not necessary); or
- a suitable professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS).
For those holding an undergraduate degree, whilst we do not require any particular type of degree, applications from candidates in the following areas are particularly welcome: Law; Business; Management; Entrepreneurship; Finance; Marketing, Engineering or related areas.
Months of entry
Bangor University is a major international research centre in relation to the operation of national and European law and policies on public procurement law. Building on this extensive experience, we offer a full-time LLM specialising in Public Procurement Law and Strategy.
The main educational aims of the programme include:
- To provide candidates with postgraduate level knowledge and skills in the area of national (UK and Irish), European and International (WTO, World Bank and UNCITRAL) Public Procurement Law and Strategy.
- To build up specialist legal skills and knowledge to equip candidates to operate in the interface between legal principles that apply in the Public Procurement environment and the strategic objectives of interests to organisations in the public and private sectors.
- To provide a flexible programme enabling candidates to develop national, European and international perspectives on Public Procurement law issues and practice, which will open up a whole new area of opportunity for graduates.
A strategic element of the programme is the presentation of learning from the perspectives of both the public procurement function and private sector supplier organisations, to help advance understanding of the complex issues organisations involved in public sector tendering face, and to develop more creative legally compliant public procurement solutions.
This is achieved through carefully designed module options and collaborative teaching involving the use of academic and expert procurement law and strategy specialists.
Information for international students
International applicants may be required to provide evidence of English language proficiency in order to satisfy UK visa requirements.
For information and further detailed guidance on entry requirements for International Students, including the minimum English Language entry requirement, please visit the Entry Requirements by Country pages on the International Education Centre section of our website.
Fees and funding
EU candidates can apply to be considered for a £2,000 tuition scholarship.
International applicants (non-EU) can apply to be considered for a £3,000 or £4,000 scholarship.
Applicants seeking scholarship support shall be given priority consideration for the award of the Tuition Scholarship of between £2,000 and £4,000 (bursary level dependent on whether applicant is an EU or non-EU applicant), and applications should demonstrating a strong profile and motivation to undertake their Applied Procurement Research Project in one of the following 8 areas shall be given priority considerations:
- Global Governance & Procurement
- Ethical Procurement & Government Purchasing
- Smart Procurement & Climate Change
- Procuring Good Outcomes in Healthcare
- Procurement Leadership & Change Management
- Procurement Law & Transnational Legal Regulation
- Defence Procurement
- Using Procurement to drive Change in Society
Where awarded (at time of programme entry), the Tuition Scholarship awarded will be applied to the Tuition Fee element applicable to the Applied Work Project stage of the programme, i.e., Part 3 the Applied Procurement Research Project (the final part of the programme).
For more information on tuition scholarships please email us at: LLMProcurement@bangor.ac.uk
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1248 383717