We welcome applications from those who have:
- a 2.2 undergraduate degree in areas such as Law, Business, Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Marketing, Engineering (or any other discipline); or
- 3 years’ work experience in a procurement-related field (degree not necessary); or
- a suitable professional qualification (e.g. MCIPS).
For those holding an undergraduate degree, whilst we do not require any particular type of degree, applications from candidates in the following areas are particularly welcome: Law; Business; Management; Entrepreneurship; Finance; Marketing, Engineering or related areas.
Months of entry
Bangor University is a major international research centre in relation to the operation of national and European law and policies on public procurement law. Building on this extensive experience, we offer a full-time LLM specialising in Public Procurement Law and Strategy.
The main educational aims of the programme include:
- To provide candidates with postgraduate level knowledge and skills in the area of national (UK and Irish), European and International (WTO, World Bank and UNCITRAL) Public Procurement Law and Strategy.
- To build up specialist legal skills and knowledge to equip candidates to operate in the interface between legal principles that apply in the Public Procurement environment and the strategic objectives of interests to organisations in the public and private sectors.
- To provide a flexible programme enabling candidates to develop national, European and international perspectives on Public Procurement law issues and practice, which will open up a whole new area of opportunity for graduates.
A strategic element of the programme is the presentation of learning from the perspectives of both the public procurement function and private sector supplier organisations, to help advance understanding of the complex issues organisations involved in public sector tendering face, and to develop more creative legally compliant public procurement solutions.
This is achieved through carefully designed module options and collaborative teaching involving the use of academic and expert procurement law and strategy specialists.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44(0)1248 383073