A 2(ii) undergraduate Honours degree in Computer Science is required.
Months of entry
Students completing this Computer Science with Visualisation course will have an understanding of the fundamentals underpinning computing and its applications with a specialisation in the area of visualisation. You will be able to describe the operation of such software systems, apply the related principles into the implementation of properly engineered software, and understand the drivers for future trends. Compulsory modules: individual project (60 credits); project foundations and management tools; information visualisation; computer animation; virtual environments and human perception; scientific visualisation. Optional modules: java programming; data networks and communications; AI and agents; technologies for internet systems; distributed systems.
- To provide the foundations for understanding of core ideas, methods and technologies in computer science.
- To provide the technical skills and background material so that the postgraduate will be able to conduct a near state-of-the-art research or development project with a specialisation in visualisation.
- To provide the graduate with a range of specialist and transferable skills;
- To provide the educational base for further professional development and lifelong learning.
Information for international students
Applicants from overseas must in addition demonstrate competence in English to level IELTS 6.0 overall and no element under 5.5. An appopriate ELCOS (Bangor University English Language School) pre-sessional course may be taken to achieve the required English language level.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Computer Science
- 01248 382686