An Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related scientific discipline, at a 2(ii) level or higher or the international equivalent is required. Applicants with initial degrees in other disciplines will be considered on an individual basis, with the assessment based on the applicant’s potential to succeed on, and benefit from, the course.
Months of entry
The School offers an MRes programme in Electronic Engineering, with a variety of specialist areas of study available. Each programme is aligned to the research conducted within the School:
- MRes Electronic Engineering Optoelectronics;
- MRes Electronic Engineering;
- Optical Communications;
- MRes Electronic Engineering Organic Electronics;
- MRes Electronic Engineering Polymer Electronics;
- MRes Electronic Engineering Micromachining;
- MRes Electronic Engineering Nanotechnology;
- MRes Electronic Engineering VLSI Design;
- MRes Electronic Engineering Bio-Electronics.
The MRes programme consists of 60 taught credits at the beginning of the programme which lead on to the 120 credit thesis. The taught provision has four distinct 15 credit modules that concentrate on specific generic skill:
- Modelling and Design;
- Introduction to Nanotechnology and Microsystems;
- Project Planning;
- Mini Project;
- MRes Research Project.
Information for international students
Applicants from overseas must, in addition, demonstrate competence in English to an acceptable level: IELTS score of 6.0 overall, 6.5 in writing and no other element under 5.5 / undertake an appropriate ELCOS pre-session course to achieve the required English language level.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0) 1248 382 686