Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should possess healthcare registration or equivalent in in your home country, (nursing or allied health professions); 3 years experience in clinical practice with a degree classification equivalent of a 2:2 or higher.
Months of entry
Constant modernisation of global health services and continued emphasis on extending roles requires healthcare professionals to be flexible, competent practitioners. They must be able to cope with change and use complex decision making skills whilst employing a broad knowledge base for clinical practice. This course has been designed for international nurses or allied health professionalswho wish to study at an advanced level and respond to these changes.
The course aims to develop your professional and clinical knowledge, skills and attributes so that you can contribute to the contemporary health and social care challenges in your home country. The course has been developed to enhance your applied research skills in addition to your professional clinical knowledge and skills. Your enhanced knowledge and skills will enable you to understand and respond to the pathophysiological, psychological and social processes which underlie our patients, clients and communities experience of illness, health and disease.
What does this programme offer?
This programme will facilitate your personal and professional development by providing opportunities to develop:
- Enhanced clinical skills attractive to employers in a range of clinical environments and roles
- Knowledge and skills to enhance your leadership qualities
- Understanding of research activity and different methods of research applied to your area of specialisation or interest
- Higher-level problem solving skills using critical analysis using appropriate forms of evidence or theory and reflection on practice
- Your academic skills through broad Masters level education
- Knowledge of contemporary global health challenges such as rising chronic illness
- Networks with UK registered nurses, allied health professionals and academics to develop your knowledge of the NHS and UK health systems including primary (community) and acute care
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12-24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Health Sciences