Admission by undergraduate degree class:
- A 2.1 or 1st class degree is required. If you have a 2:2 degree, your suitability will based on your personal statement and reference.
- We welcome applications from mature students with relevant clinical backgrounds.
- Strong references and personal statement
- Evidence that you will have access to clinical attachments to complete core course elements.
- Confirmation from a hospital (e.g. Health Board Honorary Contract, letter from a Departmental Lead Clinician) that you will be allowed to attend theatres/ICU to complete key critical care elements of the programme.
- Confirmation from an air ambulance service that you will have access to a clinical attachment of sufficient duration to complete key prehospital elements of the programme.
The employer’s letter of support is likely to fulfil one of the above criteria)
If selected, you will be asked to attend an interview by University academic personnel and Clinical Staff to confirm candidate suitability.
Unfortunately, this course is not currently available to international students.
Months of entry
Recent developments in prehospital care and retrieval medicine within the UK have led to the creation of unique roles for prehospital practitioners, involving advanced practice beyond that offered by traditional responders (for example, ambulance and paramedics.)The aim of this post graduate certificate is to provide a robust academic framework for individuals to develop advanced practice skills. Completing this certificate will allow the HEMs professional to compete and standout in the increasingly competitive market of advanced practice and the specialty of critical care practitioner. On completion of this programme practitioners will be able to demonstrate advanced skills and specialist knowledge in the assessment and management of patients in a range of specialties common in pre-hospital care which fits in with future service expansion and development.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 01248 351151