Undergraduate/bachelor or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university. Advanced level of English language skills
Months of entry
The Barcelona GSE Master Program in Economics provides students with rigorous training for admission to top doctoral programs and for technically demanding careers.
Students who complete this master's program will acquire an excellent grounding and deep understanding of the field's foundations, applications, and policies covering theoretical and empirical approaches. Students will perform technically demanding analyses using powerful analytical and quantitative tools, and will design and conduct an independent master's project.
More than half of our Economics alumni continue their education through GPEFM, IDEA, or in another PhD or graduate program at prestigious schools around the world. Alumni who choose a professional career path are regularly hired by governmental agencies and international banking, consulting, and research firms.
Skills acquired in this master program
- Solid command of quantitative economics
- Expertise in a wide range of specializations in different fields of economics
- Competence in both theoretical and empirical approaches, from foundation to applications and policy
- Facility with the tools necessary to successfully pursue a top PhD in economics
Who will benefit from this program?
- Graduates in economics, mathematics or engineering
- Aspiring PhD students looking for a rigorous master program in economics
- Junior economic analysts looking for a postgraduate degree with advanced tools in quantitative economics
Who hires graduates of this program?
- Authorities and Government Agencies
- International Organizations
- Research Institutions
- Banking Industry
- Economic Consulting Firms
Fees and funding
Financial aid at the Barcelona GSE is awarded based solely on academic merit. Applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid are advised to apply during the first admissions round (November 15 - January 15).
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +34 93 542 12 34