Applicants should have MBBS or BDS and be employed as Academic Clinical Fellow or Clinical Lecturer at Queen Mary or associated NHS Trusts. Individuals with non-clinical qualifications and employment at QM or associated NHS Trusts will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential and non-native English speakers are required to have a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. International applicants Students from outside of the UK help form a global community here at Queen Mary. For detailed country specific entry requirements please visit the International section of our website. If your first language is not English, you must provide evidence of your English language proficiency. Find out more about our English language entry requirements. If you do not meet language or scholarly requirements it might be possible for you to undertake foundation or pre-sessional programmes that will prepare you for the masters programme. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.
Months of entry
The Clinical research programme provides a credit-bearing training opportunity for academic clinical fellows and clinical lecturers in medicine and dentistry.
This programme gives you the opportunity to develop academic research skills within the framework of your busy clinical training programme. It is designed for clinical academic trainees in all specialties and is available for September or January start.
The programme will:
- Prepare you for a career in academic clinical research
- Provide formal training in the regulatory and ethical framework for clinical research
- Develop your key skills in research design, statistical analysis, and critical review
- Encourage you to engage with public and patients, communicate effectively with different audiences, and understand the importance of communication to the public perception of research
- Equip you to undertake independent research, including critical thinking and consideration of research impact
- Meet the requirement of the NIHR and other funders for academic clinical fellows to undertake relevant training in research methodology.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Professor Lucinda Hall
- +44 (0)20 7882 2323