We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Months of entry
This Postgraduate Certificate is designed for graduates who are new to computer science.
- The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems at Birkbeck is one of the longest-established computing departments in the UK; we celebrated our 60th anniversary in 2017. We provide a stimulating teaching and research environment for both part-time and full-time students.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 75% of our research outputs in Computer Science were ranked world-leading or internationally excellent.
- Our academic staff are leading researchers in their fields, drawn from both the academic and professional world.
- The Department has its own dedicated network within the College. We also have four state-of-the-art computing laboratories, with over 100 workstations. They are equipped with a wide range of cutting-edge software and tools.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44(0) 20 3907 0700