A good first degree or MSc in computer science, with the syllabus containing a substantial amount of programming, preferably in an object-oriented language. Joint honours computing graduates may also be eligible, provided they have covered a substantial amount of programming, or have equivalent professional experience in the IT industry.
Months of entry
This specialist programme in cloud and data technologies focuses on 2 important technologies in the IT industry and their relationship to current and emerging IT industry practice.
You will gain specialist knowledge and technical skills that you can use in the analysis of problems arising in the use of cloud and data technologies, in evaluation and application of their use, and in research into, and development of, new technologies.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Designed for part-time students wishing to advance their knowledge of cloud and data technologies.
- You may be working in the IT sector already and wish to update your skills, or may intend to pursue a career in IT.
- Significant coverage of emerging technologies and research developments in areas of growing importance in the IT industry.
- Successful students may proceed to the final year of the part-time MSc Advanced Computing Technologies programme.
- You will have 24-hour access to several laboratories of networked PCs with a range of language compilers, database and other application software. We are connected, via the SuperJANET network, to the computers of other academic institutions in London, elsewhere in the UK and abroad.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
Fees and funding
Find out more about funding and financial support at postgraduate level.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Computer Science and Informatics
- 020 7631 6722