First- or second-class honours degree, or its equivalent, in either a directly relevant or a highly quantitative subject.
Relevant practical work experience and professional qualifications also taken into consideration.
Demonstrable qualities, such as good time management and the ability to cope under pressure, are vital.
Months of entry
The purpose of this qualification is to provide a programme for those students who would like to obtain very specific training in advanced econometric theory and applications. It is a course of study in its own right in which you take the same courses and exams as those enrolled in the MSc Economics, MSc Finance and MSc Financial Engineering.
This course provides specific training so that, upon completion, you will be able to:
- collect and process economic data
- transform economic theory into applicable models
- use modern econometrics packages
- apply a wide range of estimation techniques
- interpret and evaluate the results
- present the analysis and conclusions in written reports.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44(0) 20 3907 0700