A second-class honours degree (2:2) or above, or its equivalent, in either a directly relevant or a highly quantitative subject.
Demonstrable qualities, such as good time management and the ability to cope under pressure, are vital.
Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Months of entry
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Econometrics provides very specific training in advanced econometric theory and applications. You take the same courses and examinations as those enrolled on the MSc Economics and MSc Finance, and will learn how to:
- collect and process economic data
- transform economic theory into applicable models
- use modern econometrics packages
- apply a wide range of estimation techniques
- interpret and evaluate results
- present an analysis and conclusions in written reports.
- Economics and finance at Birkbeck have acquired an excellent reputation for the quality of our training, which we extend to a wide range of clients, including the Treasury and the Bank of England.
- Birkbeck was ranked in the top 25 universities in the UK for its Economics and Econometrics research in the 2021 Research Excellence Framework.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44 (0)20 3907 0700