An undergraduate degree and/or relevant professional experience.
Months of entry
This programme offers students with experience of undergraduate-level study the opportunity to develop their knowledge of gender and sexuality studies and to enhance their independent study skills. Students who successfully complete the Graduate Certificate are eligible to apply for entry to the MA Gender, Sexuality and Culture/MSc Gender, Sexuality and Society.
This course will develop your ability to discuss diverse theories of gender and sexuality and consider how gender and sexuality are represented, and operate, within relevant humanities or social sciences literatures.
Why study this course at Birkbeck?
- Excellent introduction for those interested in gender or sexuality studies.
- Opportunity to study on a structured programme and to undertake independent study.
- Entry point to postgraduate gender studies for those without a relevant undergraduate degree.
- This programme is linked to Birkbeck Gender and Sexuality (BiGS). BiGS hosts experts in the field, organises a diverse range of events throughout the year, including dedicated postgraduate workshops and seminars, and sponsors a lively student postgraduate forum, which runs reading groups, workshops and symposia, as well as the BiGS students' blog.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
Fees and funding
Find out more about funding and financial support at postgraduate level.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||75|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||25|
Course contact details
- Department of History, Classics and Archaeology
- 020 7631 6268