Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Months of entry
On successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Gender and Sexuality Studies you will be eligible to progress your studies on our MA Gender, Sexuality and Culture or MSc Gender, Sexuality and Society.
- Excellent introduction for those interested in gender or sexuality studies.
- Opportunity to study on a structured programme and to undertake independent study.
- Entry point to postgraduate gender studies for those without a relevant undergraduate degree.
- This programme is linked to Birkbeck Gender and Sexuality (BiGS). BiGS hosts experts in the field, organises a diverse range of events throughout the year, including dedicated postgraduate workshops and seminars, and sponsors a lively student postgraduate forum, which runs reading groups, workshops and symposia, as well as the BiGS students' blog.
- Birkbeck is a leading centre of research in the interdisciplinary field of gender and sexuality studies.
Information for international students
If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44 (0)20 3907 0700