Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Months of entry
We will consider the theoretical foundations of managing business innovation, but we will also look at real-life applications of this theory, the realities of contemporary professional practice, and how you can encourage, nurture and manage innovation. This combination of practical insight and analysis of real-world issues will enhance your career development and equip you for a range of management roles.
The programme will give you a deep understanding of the importance of innovation for rethinking a range of ideas, issues and structures within management, including business strategy, corporate assets, intellectual property rights, institutions, organisations and firms, entrepreneurship, and globalisation in a changing world. You will develop topical, focused and practical insights into the fundamentals of business innovation, including the technological aspects and associated business models and working patterns.
If you wish to continue with your studies, you will be automatically accepted on to our MSc Business Innovation with Entrepreneurship, or MSc Business Innovation with E-business.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, Birkbeck's Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers, as well as enthusiastic teachers, and they regularly publish cutting-edge research. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- The programme is supported and informed by the cutting-edge research and professional expertise of our Centre for Innovation Management Research.
- Many Birkbeck students work in, or have professional experience, in the industries under consideration. This provides strong networking opportunities with fellow students and Birkbeck alumni, with potentially beneficial impacts on your career development.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44 (0)20 3907 0700