Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Months of entry
The programme is ideally suited to the needs of executives within football clubs and media organisations, officers of football and sport regulatory bodies, members of supporters' organisations and local government officials with responsibilities in the leisure field. It will also appeal to those with a general interest in the sport, football and media industries, or those seeking a broad, general education in sport management with a view to switching career into the sport business sector.Highlights
- Teaching informed by the activities of academic staff in the Birkbeck Sport Business Centre, Birkbeck’s designated research centre for the study of sport business.
- Discusses the 'peculiar economics' of the sport industry and the need for appropriate forms of regulation.
- Helps you acquire the learning and research skills, and competencies, that are viewed as transferable and career-enhancing.
- An opportunity to progress to the MSc Sport Management and the Business of Football.
- The Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44 (0)20 3907 0700