MA Feature Film Development is open to all applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- A background in film-making alongside a portfolio and showreel demonstrating your best work.
- Core Art skills - including drawing, anatomy, composition, value and colour theory.
- Skills within 2D and 3D software.
- Animation skills, focused on performance.
Months of entry
MA Feature Film Development will help you to understand what is required to make sure a major film is ready to be pitched to investors. You’ll learn all about the extensive pre-production activities all big-budget movies currently go through before they are green-lit. You’ll be taken through each stage of pre-production development to navigate, understand and avoid common problems.
You will create, as part of a team, a full feature film story and pre-visualisation reel, demonstrating all the film's narrative and action elements. You will learn how to workshop the essential narrative from a screenplay in order to create a believable, immersive animatic that plays out the core story in full, including all key performance and action components.
Semester 1 - PG Cert
- Story Research & Concept 20 credits
- Story Development & Planning 40 credits
Semester 2 - PG Diploma
- Asset Production 20 credits
- Film Festivals, Marketing and PR 20 credits
- Digital Production in Practice 20 credits
- Professional Animation Practice 40 credits
Semester 3 - Masters
- Final Major Project 60 credits
Fees and funding
See more details on website
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- 0121 331 5595