We would normally expect you to hold at least a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. However, we can also consider your application without standard entry qualifications if you can provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully complete the course.
Months of entry
Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), our automotive engineering PGCert/PgDip/MSc qualification will help you pursue a career as a highly skilled automotive design engineer.
You’ll become accomplished in the use of advanced computer modelling and simulation techniques and develop the skills required to design and analyse components and systems within the dynamic automotive environment.
You’ll be introduced to industry-standard, sophisticated computer-based tools, such as mechanism analysis, computational fluid dynamics, finite element analysis and solid modelling, and have the opportunity to apply them to real engineering problems.
You’ll also use virtual reality as a tool for the representation and behavioural simulation of components and systems within vehicles.
It’s a course that will prepare you for a career in areas such as commercial research and development, powertrain development engineering in the automotive industry, or design and performance engineering. This is why the qualification is so highly regarded by employers.
We have strong academic and research links with business and industry, such as Morgan Motor Company, and work closely with leading international technology and engineering solution partners.
You’ll receive the support of expert staff who have a wide range of academic, research and industrial experience in the automotive sector.
Why Choose Us
- The School is based at Millennium Point, part of our state-of-the-art City Centre Campus, which has outstanding resources and facilities.
- We’re a lighthouse member of the SAP University Alliance Programme and are also working with leading international technology and engineering solution provider Technosoft, providing our students with access to the latest industry-standard computer-aided engineering (CAE) tools.
- We’re a recognised leader in education, training and business solutions, offering a wide range of courses that benefit from active engagement with regional, national and international industry - giving students the best possible introduction to modern engineering.
- The School is the first UK-based academy for PTC Inc – a major software solutions provider to international business and the US Government, giving our students access to industry-standard tools such as ProE.
Information for international students
The University accepts a wide range of overseas qualifications. To find out if your current qualifications are comparable to British standards, please contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) or the International Admissions Office, telephone 0121 331 5162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. International Students can apply on-line on the website.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- The School of Engineering, Design and Manufacturing Systems
- Tel: +44 (0)121 331 5400
- Tel: +44 (0)121 331 5595