We would normally expect you to hold at least a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. However, we can also consider your application without standard entry qualifications if you can provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully complete the course.
Months of entry
The MSc Business Computing programme is designed to provide you with a broad insight into the three interconnected areas of Information Technology, Business, and Project Management. You will develop a critical understanding of contemporary tools, techniques and models for systems development.
The programme will provide you with the opportunity to develop practical skills, using tools and techniques from the forefront of business computing, and use these effectively to model complex organisational systems. It also seeks to promote an awareness of the moral, ethical and professional framework, within which you will operate as an IT professional in a business environment.
A key aspect of the programme philosophy is that the learning experience integrates use of major commercial software - SAS (data mining and business intelligence) and SAP (strategic IT planning) - with investigation of the wider theoretical context. Students will also learn about the skills needed to become a successful entrepreneur in the IT sector.
The programme may be studied in full or part-time mode.
- We have a long history of delivering successful Master's courses in Business Computing and pride ourselves on delivering a stimulating and supportive learning environment.
- As well as a broad insight into IT, business and project management, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of the moral, ethical and professional framework that you’ll need in your chosen profession.
- Central to the course is managing IT projects and integrating learning with using major commercial software, such as SAS (data mining and business intelligence) and SAP (strategic IT planning), Oracle and PRINCE2, as well as investigating the wider theoretical context.
- You’ll also learn about the skills needed to become a successful entrepreneur in the IT sector and you’ll benefit from our strong industry links, which enable us to keep our courses relevant and up-to-date.
- We’re based at the £114 million Millennium Point building, part of our City Centre Campus,, which is fully equipped with state-of-the-art, industry-standard labs.
- Throughout your course, our expert teaching staff will provide all the support you need.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)121 331 5595
- +44 (0)121 331 7994