We would normally expect you to hold at least a Second Class Honours degree or equivalent in Computing, Engineering or Information Management. Applicants without standard entry qualifications but with extensive industrial experience could be considered if they provide evidence of the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully complete the course.
Months of entry
This course provides a broad foundation for Cyber Security concepts while delivering advanced knowledge and skills in key technical areas. Designed to meet the growing demand from global business and industry for robust cyber security systems, this course underpins the principles and practical professional skills you will need to meet the future challenges faced by organisations, particularly when it comes to strategic security planning.
This course provides future Cyber Security professionals with the knowledge and skills needed by the employers. The Faculty's strong links with industry enables it to teach the most demanding topics. You will develop state of the art technical knowledge, intellectual know-how, management capabilities and the hands-on practical skills to succeed in meeting the Cyber Security challenges faced by modern organisations.
Academic staff members are actively engaged with government and industry to help solve complex problems. These strong links will provide you with plenty of professional opportunities that will help you to acquire valuable exposure to the real life challenges of Cyber Security.
- Birmingham City University's Centre for Cyber Security is at the forefront of advancing information security.
- It provides research-led, practice-driven teaching underpinned by research and strong industrial links.
- Teaching staff have rich professional experience and are engaged with government and industry, helping to solve complex problems.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art, industry-standard equipment and laboratories with forensic software, network security software for penetration testing, and Cloud software.
- The Faculty is home to a Cisco Systems, Oracle academy, and Microsoft Academy Centre. It is one of Microsoft’s top UK university-based academies and is a member of the Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance. It is also a Cisco ASC (Academy Support Centre) and Cisco Instructor Training Centre (ITC) – one of only 10 such instructor training centres in the UK.
Information for international students
The University accepts a wide range of overseas qualifications. To find out if your current qualifications are comparable to British standards, please contact the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) or the International Admissions Office, telephone 0121 331 5162 or email email@example.com. International Students can apply on-line on the website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- 0121 331 5595