You will need evidence of successful completion of accredited Level 6 study (Degree) or evidence of recent Level 6 study.
If you have not studied to level 6 but would benefit from the course and modules you may still apply, as individual applications will be considered on a case by case basis. You may also have completed complex studies equivalent to level 6 study.
In some cases you may need to submit a reflective piece of writing on how the course would benefit and progress your professional development and how this would impact on your service/organisation.
You may require your manager’s support and funding evidence before enrolment onto the course.
Months of entry
This is a flexible course that allows you to either study a stand alone module or complete a range of modules to gain either a Post Graduate Certificate, Post Graduate Diploma or a full MSc in Safeguarding.
This MSc programme in safeguarding is designed for multi-disciplinary professionals with an interest in safeguarding children, young people and adults.
This course will equip you with an up to date, in-depth knowledge, understanding and critical awareness of the legal, ethical, and practical issues which underpin practice in both adult, young people and child safeguarding. You will critically analyse the wider safeguarding agendas with an emphasis on applying theory and learning in order to enhance professional practice.
This course will cover:
- The legal, ethical and professional practice issues surrounding safeguarding.
- Critical exploration of contemporary themes and key issues within the current safeguarding agenda.
- Vulnerabilities, thresholds and risk assessment within safeguarding vulnerable people including the ‘toxic trio’.
- Complex multi-agency safeguarding casework and interventions including socio-economic influences, resilience, and the complexities of working with a culturally diverse community.
- Findings and learning from research, serious case reviews, inquiries, reports and literature applied to theory and practice.
- Theories, styles, principles and processes of leadership that impact upon safeguarding.
Information for international students
Sorry, this course is not available to international students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Pre-entry Enquiries Team