About Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, Australia
What is Blue Mountain?
Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, BMIHMS, is Australia’s leading hotel school for hospitality education. We provide internationally recognized hospitality and business degree courses that are highly respected within the global hotel and event management industries.
Why study at Blue Mountain?
- Study at Australia and Asia Pacific’s Number 1 hotel school (Taylor Nelson Sofres Survey 2013)
- Two custom designed campuses – study hospitality in Sydney at our Executive Business Centre and in Leura at our Practical Learning Centre
- Graduate with a globally recognized business management qualification accredited by the Australian Higher Education accreditor (TEQSA Accredited)
- You can choose to start in January, April, July or October
- Benefit from the advantages and career opportunities available as you study in Australia
- Graduates successfully move onwards to excellent career opportunities in the global hotel and events management industries, as well as other services sectors
Global job opportunities
The Graduate Privileged Partners Program (GPP) is a competitive recruitment initiative designed to connect our highest achieving undergraduate and postgraduate final year students with a select group of industry partners. It provides a unique opportunity for the hospitality industry to recruit and guide our top graduates towards the senior hotel management roles of the future.
Typical partners who take advantage of the opportunity to lure our top level hospitality graduates include Hilton, Four Seasons, Sofitel, Accor Hotels, InterContinental Hotels Group, Starwood, Hyatt, Marriott and Toga Hospitality.
- Ranked as No. 1 for an International Career in Hospitality in the Asia Pacific and Australia Region by TNS
- For three consecutive years, ranked in the top three at the World Hospitality Awards.
- Won the Tourism and Education Award at the 2009 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards.
- The only school in Australia that is part of Sofitel’s School of Excellence.
PG subjects available:
- Master of International Hotel Management, Sydney (2 years)
- Master of Global Business Management, Sydney (2 years)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Global Business Management (1 year)
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Hotel Management (0.5 years)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Global Business Management (0.5 years)
English Language Program
To make it easier for students to gain a greater understanding of English to enter the Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School programs, we offer a unique English Language Program (ELP) at the Leura campus. The program offers students the chance to improve their English in a fun and enjoyable way so they can gain English competency of IELTS 6.0 Academic, TOEFL 79 or equivalent
- AUD$ 7,315, per 10-week package with the goal of improving English by IELTS 0.5 during each package
- Classes begin in January, April, July and October
- You can also download the English Language Program brochure which outlines the fees for this program
- Requirements; Students should be 17 years of age when starting the English Language Program. Students must be 17 years and 9 months when they enter the Bachelor program. Students will take an English test on arrival to assess which class they should be in.
Fees, funding and costs
This varies depending on program. Please contact us directly for more information.
Blue Mountains has two campuses. The first is located in the beautiful Blue Mountains National Park, one of Australia’s top natural tourist attractions close to Sydney. This means that students are not only immersed in a world of hospitality opportunity, but have numerous outdoor lifestyle options on their doorstep. On campus, students ‘check in’ and run the school as a simulated hotel, performing operational food and beverage management, restaurant service, housekeeping and front office duties. Residential Life on campus allows for greater personal and professional development, as well as building a strong network of friends.
The second campus is located in Sydney, which is often voted the most liveable city in the world. This makes the perfect location to complement your hospitality or event management degree. This new non-residential campus, located right in the heart of the city’s CBD, functions as an executive business center where 3rd year and postgraduate students complete their studies in purpose built, state of the art lecture rooms and teaching facilities, with wireless Internet and a modern well-equipped library on site. We assist in finding off-campus accommodation nearby. Many of Sydney’s tourist and sporting attractions, as well as shopping and entertainment precincts are literally on the campus doorstep.
This varies depending on program. Please contact us directly for more information
How to apply
At Blue Mountain, we have a dedicated team of Educational Counsellors who will be happy to help you with your application. Please email for more information.
- Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School
- 540 George Street
- New South Wales