A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject or equivalent.
Months of entry
The world we see is the result of the stories we tell. If we want to change the world, we need to change our stories. Developed in consultation with the agencies with whom we work, the MA Advertising course will provide you with an opportunity to gain the conceptual, strategic and practical skills necessary to ‘get out in front of’ three important trends:
- The demand by consumers that brands and organisations change their practices to address our world’s urgent social and environmental challenges
- The demand by brands and agencies for graduates able to design strategies and materials that respond creatively and effectively to these challenges
- The demand by university applicants that courses prepare them for careers in which they can ‘make a difference’
Why choose MA Advertising?
- Apply your knowledge to genuine business solutions through working on live client briefs
- Gain the skills to pitch and present your ideas in feedback sessions simulating the professional environment
- Develop and deliver in-depth investigation into contemporary industry issues
- Benefit from our strong industry connections and network of guest speakers
- Take advantage of interdisciplinary study opportunities collaborating across the Faculty of Media & Communication. Your work could include making a film, print advertisement, augmented reality app or voice bot for example
- Choose to complete either a standard research dissertation or consultancy project
- Enhance your experience further during an optional 30- week professional placement after the taught component of the course
- Achieve the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) Foundation Certificate alongside your degree
- Enter the Data & Marketing Association (DMA) Talent Marketing Challenge and attend creative and data workshops held throughout the year.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in each component of speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44(0)1202 961 916