Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject or equivalent.
Months of entry
Interested in making a difference in the world and pursuing a personally rewarding career? This course will allow you to develop the skills needed to lead brands in meeting the demands of consumers to address urgent social and environmental challenges.
Why study MA Advertising at BU?
- Develop your knowledge and skills by working on live briefs set by our network of advertising agencies
- Develop and enhance your ability to devise, articulate and interrogate ideas
- Gain an in-depth understanding of - and the ability to respond to - the issues and challenges currently facing the industry
- Learn to see strategy as a powerful creative practice
- Make contacts and connections with our network of agencies and leading speakers from industry
- Enter the Data & Marketing Association (DMA) Talent Marketing Challenge and attend creative and data workshops held throughout the year.
The course offers you the opportunity to achieve the IPA (Institute of Practitioners in Advertising) Foundation Certificate: the base-level qualification for anyone who wants to work in an IPA member agency.
It is also accredited by the IDM (Institute of Data and Marketing), entitling you to take the Certificate in Digital Marketing exam and to apply to the summer school in which you'll spend a week in June working (and networking) with agencies. You are also entitled to enter the DMA Talent Marketing Challenge and to attend creative and data workshops held throughout the year.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in each component of speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44(0)1202 961 916