Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject.
Applicants without a UK or Republic of Ireland Honours degree must either have:
- Equivalent overseas qualifications (involving at least 3 years full time study) or
- Meet the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority/ The Bar Standards Board for entry as a mature student or
- Equivalent academic or vocational qualifications that meet the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority/The Bar Standards Board.
Months of entry
This highly valued qualification is primarily intended for non-law graduates planning to enter the legal profession. Accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, the course will prepare you for a wide range of career opportunities and further study.
After completing the course, you can continue your studies on BU’s Legal Practice Course (LPC), the vocational stage of training for solicitors. Alternatively, if you’re interested in qualifying as a barrister, you can seek advice on the Bar Vocational Course from barristers in the law team.
- Acquire knowledge of the foundation law subjects and of the English Legal Systems and processes required by The Law Society and The General Council of the Bar
- Develop the ability to analyse legal problems and provide a range of solutions to them
- Gain a critical understanding of contemporary legal issues and develop the ability to synthesise and challenge legal doctrines and concepts
- Research and write a paper on a further area of law that interests you, and that you may wish to pursue in the future.
- Benefit from a focused learning environment and individual support from our experienced academic staff, whose education is informed by their professional qualifications and experience as well as their research and publication interests.
- Graduate able to proceed to the vocational stage of legal education
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916