A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject.
Applicants without a UK or Republic of Ireland Honours degree must either have:
- Equivalent overseas qualifications (involving at least 3 years full time study) or
- Meet the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority/ The Bar Standards Board for entry as a mature student or
- Equivalent academic or vocational qualifications that meet the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority/The Bar Standards Board.
Months of entry
The Bournemouth University Graduate Diploma in Law/Common Professional Examination (GDL/CPE) is a one year course, intended primarily for non-law graduates planning to enter the legal profession.
This course is primarily aimed at non-law graduates from UK universities who are planning to enter the legal profession. If you do not have a UK or Irish undergraduate degree but do have relevant academic qualifications or significant vocational experience, you may also be eligible to join the course – contact us for more details.
Although it is fundamentally aimed at entry to the legal profession, it is a highly valued qualification in its own right and supports a wide range of career opportunities. The course is approved by both The Bar Council and the SRA.
The course offers a learning environment with focused support and attention. The course is based around a small group which means you will benefit from individual time with our academic staff. The teaching team is made up of experienced academics whose education is informed by their professional qualifications and experience and by their research and publication interests.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916