A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject. Required subjects: Media and Communication, Politics, Public Relations, Journalism, Sociology or Social Policy.
Months of entry
Develop an advanced understanding of the issues and debates surrounding political communication, focusing on areas such as diplomacy, campaigning, reporting and media effects contextualised within the 21st Century communication and media environment.
Why study MA International Political Communication at BU?
- Incorporating an international perspective, you’ll be provided with insights into the latest techniques of political communication using the most recent technological innovations
- Analyse current issues and practice with aims to ask difficult questions about the fields of social science, psychological and international/diplomatic relations
- Benefit from BU’s extensive connections with a range of political organisations, local, national and international pressure groups, charities and communication consultancies
- Learn from academics whose links with research institutions and political organisations span across the globe, from Massachusetts and Prague to Bogota and Auckland
- Engage in research with the Centre for Comparative Politics & Media Research.
Benefit from industry guest speakers
Previous speakers include Peter McLeod, Senior Advisor at GQR’s London office, Niall Couper, Head of Media, PR and Supporter Communications at Amnesty International and Petros Ioannidis, CEO about people Market Research, Greece.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other components or equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information.
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
12 months (full-time)
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916