- A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject, or equivalent. Required subjects: Music Production, Sound Production, Media Production or related subject area.
- In some cases industry experience may compensate for the omission of this qualification.
- A portfolio or show reel demonstrating an engagement with the moving image from the perspective of sound is part of the selection process.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide details of relevant work experience.
- Applicants will also normally be expected to attend an interview.
Months of entry
We were the first UK university to offer a Master’s degree in sound, and we continue to offer the opportunity to harness your skills within The Faculty of Media & Communication’s vibrant production environment.
This degree will advance your sound knowledge in a variety of different genres, ranging from documentary to drama and animation. Relevant industry practice underpins teaching and learning methods on this course, which aims to enable you to develop creative opportunities in sound.
In collaboration with other disciplines from the postgraduate media production framework, you will learn how to work with sound more effectively in location and post-production environments. You will also have the opportunity to develop collaborative projects with computergenerated material through Bournemouth University’s National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) or via other creative ventures.
You will have the advantage of working in a range of tailor-made facilities, including specially built post-production sound studios, foley/ commentary recording suites, as well as other facilities. Course-specific sound resources are available to book 24 hours a day, seven days a week for most of the year.
As part of the AVID Learning Partnership, this course has greater relevance and credability within the industry.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916