September 2018 (year two entry)
- Applicants with ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators) member status (associate or fellow) will be granted exemptions of up to 60 M level credits;
- Applicants with CCAB (Consultative Committee of Accounting Bodies) member qualification or equivalent may also be granted exemptions of up to 60 M level credits;
- Applicants holding other appropriate professional qualifications may be considered on an individual basis for exemptions of up to 60 M level credits;
- These exemptions will normally only apply when the qualifications were obtained within 10 years prior to the start of the programme, or applicants can demonstrate they have undertaken continuing professional development since qualification;
- Applicants for whom English is not their first language must have IELTS (academic) 6.5 overall with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in the other three components, or equivalent.
September 2019 (year one entry): A Bachelors Honours degree, 2:2 or above, or equivalent.
If you lack the formal academic qualifications needed to enter a postgraduate or post-experience degree, there are several alternative routes to follow - some based on experience. Contact the Future Students Enquiry team for more information.
Months of entry
Delivered in Guernsey by Bournemouth University, this exciting course will provide you with a highly specialised set of skills and develop your ability to appreciate and influence the factors governing corporate affairs.
We developed the programme in close collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), and one of the attractions of the course is that it produces a manager who has competence in all areas of business. Overall the course offers:
- An academically rigorous and highly practical qualification (MSc);
- Development of professional and managerial abilities;
- Qualification with graduate status of ICSA (GradICSA).
It is essentially a mixture of finance, law and governance focusing on the role of corporate administration. In this context, ‘corporate’ is used in its wider sense and therefore includes private, public and not-for-profit organisations.
Information for international students
We accept a wide range of international qualifications. To find out more about how your qualifications relate to those in the UK, take a look at the NARIC website. Your application will be processed by our dedicated International Admissions Team that is familiar with a wide range of international qualifications. We look at your entire application to see how you would benefit from the course, and how able you are to complete it successfully. You can also find clear advice about the entry requirements for a particular country on our country-specific pages.
In addition, we accept a range of recognised English Language qualifications for entry. These tests are amongst the language tests published and regularly updated by UK Border Agency for Tier 4 Student Visa purpose. Please contact our International Admissions Team if you are not sure if your English language qualification is accepted for entry by BU.
If you have alternative evidence of English language proficiency (e.g. you have a different English language qualification, you received the majority of your education through the medium of English, or you have a degree in English language/literature), please indicate this on your application form.
Bournemouth University International College offers a number of pre-sessional English and preparatory programmes to prepare international students for postgraduate study at BU. Admission to the degree is guaranteed on successful completion of your course to the required level.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team