Students wishing to study this module will require:
- A pre-registration nursing programme of study; or
- Completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Nursing Studies and
- An up-to-date DBS and OH clearance.
You must hold:
- A current professional nursing qualification
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council for at least one year.
In order to undertake the role of Mentor for Student Nurses individuals must have been registered for at least one year.
Months of entry
January, May, September
The module will ensure that as a registered health and social care practitioner, irrespective of your professional role, you will have an understanding of the regulatory requirements, skills and attitude to be a competent facilitator of teaching, learning and assessment in practice. The module is applicable to all registered health and social care practitioners which will include; doctors, allied health professionals, midwives, nurses and operating department practitioners.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you will need to provide evidence of instruction and assessment predominantly in English throughout education, or have a recent IELTS or equivalent score of 7.0 overall, with a minimum of 6.5 for each component.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time6 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 0333 130 9312