- An Honours degree at a minimum of 2:2 or equivalent professional qualification.
- Mature students are welcome.
- You will be required to attend an interview at which you must present a 500 word proposal of study and, if you are applying for the practice route, you must also bring a portfolio of your work.
- The Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma are offered as exit awards.
- Application should be made direct to the College.
Months of entry
The course content is student-centred and is based on your own proposal of study, which is updated and amended throughout the course. You will be expected to develop your own independence in learning, particularly in terms of advanced research, creative experimentation, critical analysis and theorisation.
- Postgraduate Certificate level: Critical Studies and Studio Practice or Independent Project 1
- Postgraduate Diploma level: Critical Studies and Studio Practice or Independent Project 2
- MA level: Integrated Practice or Independent Project 3
Your Proposal provides you with a solid foundation in order to develop self-motivated studying. You will be expected to demonstrate your own independence in learning, especially in terms of advanced research, creative experimentation or critical analysis. Lectures, group seminars and individual tutorials all offer great opportunities in which to develop your artistic or writing practice.
Fees and funding
Postgraduate Loans are available to full and part time students studying a Masters course. Most other Postgraduate study must be funded by the student or a sponsor. Students considering applying to the College funds for financial support will have to demonstrate they have made every effort to obtain funding for their tuition fees and their day to day living costs.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Registrar Services
- 01274 433008