At the time of application, you must have a completed a UK first or 2:1 Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, (any subject) with strong applicants demonstrating a science profile (health and social care experience relevant to OT) and evidence of informed insight into the profession of occupational therapy.
Applicants with a 2:2 Honours degree in a subject relevant to occupational therapy (for example biology, psychology, human sciences and sociology) and who have extensive experience of working in a health or social care setting relevant to OT will be considered and assessed on an individual basis.
Evidence of academic achievement in the last five years will be required.
Months of entry
Occupational Therapy (OT) at Brunel is one of the largest, longest established, and most highly regarded programmes in the world. In fact, we are the original ‘London School of Occupational Therapy.’
The MSc Occupational Therapy (Pre-Registration) provides a Master's level route for graduates to become competent occupational therapists equipped for life-long, safe and effective practice within the global marketplace. This course is for those who are not already qualified as occupational therapists. It is a professional full-time programme, which will prepare you to become a competent occupational therapist in a variety of health and social care settings.
It also allows students to be eligible to:
- Apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Sit for the US national certification examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Apply for membership of the British Association of Occupational Therapists/Royal College of Occupational Therapists.
This programme differs from other Master's programmes in that it is a professional programme at postgraduate level and is full-time. It is not for those who are already qualified occupational therapists. Nevertheless, this course aims to prepare you to become a competent occupational therapist equipped for lifelong, safe and effective practice in a variety of health and social care settings. We provide a high quality educational programme, which ensures that you are properly qualified, prepared and safe to practise.
Occupational therapy students typically choose this career for the following reasons:
- variety of work
- the challenge
- personal and one-to-one contact
- client/patient appreciation
- its holistic approach
- the desire to help disabled people
- to work in health settings
- job availability
- the chance to be creative.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 7 (min 6.5W, 6.5L, 6.5R, 6.5S)
- Pearson: 64 (58 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 70% (65% in all areas)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599