- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in a related subject: Arts; Design; Social Sciences; Computer Science; and Humanities.
- Applicants with other qualifications and industrial experience (relevant to the subject area) may be considered and will be assessed on an individual basis. Industrial certifications may be taken into account.
Months of entry
What is digital service design? It’s the art of building customer experiences with a strong digital element.
This new multi-disciplinary course is designed to help graduates develop cutting-edge user experience design techniques for designing digital products and services. The course features close integration with leading digital companies to help you develop deep knowledge of both design theory and practice as well as to equip you for employment in the digital sector.The course has been designed in collaboration with Wilson Fletcher, a leading digital design studio, to closely mirror current professional practices. In the course, you will have the opportunity to apply for an industry internship at the end of your third term. Additionally, some of our digital design partners may also offer dissertation opportunities.
Brunel’s MSc course in Digital Service Design prepares you for roles in the fast-growing digital industry by providing a programme led by industry experts and practitioners.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Generate ideas and turn them into viable concepts and working prototypes.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams in a studio setting and take responsibility for your work.
- Problem-solve and design for both user and business needs.
- Understand the skills, tools and methodologies necessary to develop compelling strategies, products and services.
- Design and develop experiences, products and services of high quality with digital media at their core.
- Demonstrate a critical and practical understanding of the issues relevant to digital service design and their use in the context of modern industry and commercial environments.
- Have a thorough and clear understanding of the methodologies and professional skills necessary for effective digital service design in a business environment.
- Reflect – critically and in-depth – on relevant aspects of the state-of the art of both the practice and theory of digital service design.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599