- A high 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree (or equivalent internationally recognised qualification) in Economics, Finance, Banking, Accounting, mathematical or scientific subject areas, with evidence of some study of Corporate Finance, or Economics.Applicants with 2.2 degrees not in the specified subject area will be considered on an individual basis by the Admissions Tutor provided they achieve high grades in core subjects. e.g. Maths, Stats, Econometrics, Finance.
- Applicants with 2:2 degrees not in the specified subject area will be considered on an individual basis provided they have a minimum two years relevant experience e.g Statistical, or Banking.
- Applicants with relevant professional qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This innovative Banking and Finance MSc programme with professional placement provides you with postgraduate training and experience designed to develop your career in the banking and financial services sector. You will gain a thorough understanding of this field through practical and theoretical application, addressing financial economics, the economics of banking, international financial markets, quantitative methods as well as financial regulation both nationally and internationally.
Graduates of the Banking and Finance Masters at Brunel will be able to pursue a wide range of careers in financial institutions, banking regulatory organisations and investment banks. Internationally, graduates of this Banking and Finance course are attractive candidates for their domestic regulators, central banks and private sector banks. In addition, many graduates will follow other career paths in the financial services sector and could undertake doctoral research.
You will be provided with a good balance between the four pillars of the programme:
- Theories and debates about banking and financial regulation.
- Broader financial theories and related issues.
- Quantitative methodologies which are critical for economic and financial analysis.
- Successful completion of a dissertation in this field.
On completion of this Banking and Finance postgraduate degree course:
- You will be able to effectively manage a range of issues within banking and finance, such as recent banking regulations and successfully deal with matters arising in private banking.
- You will develop the art of thinking through economic problems within structured frameworks and the course will encourage you to critically evaluate and deliver strategic solutions.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
MSc with Prof Practice
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599