- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree(or equivalent internationally recognised qualification) in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Engineering, scientific subjects with some study of Corporate Finance, International Finance & Securities.
- Applicants with a 2:2 in a business subject should demonstrate some exposure to corporate finance/financial engineering/securities analysis and mathematics/statistics/operations research.
- Applicants with relevant professional qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree not in the specified subject area, but with a statistical background or relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This Finance and Investment Masters programme with professional placement is a specialised postgraduate degree course focusing on security/portfolio investment decision making. As such, it is structured around the syllabus of the Chartered Financial Analysts Institute.
The emphasis of this postgraduate course is on issues related to investment in capital markets, such as:
- investment strategies.
- the evaluation of investment performance.
- the use of financial statement information in evaluating company performance.
The MSc in Finance and Investment at Brunel University London provides a systematic understanding of the techniques of modelling financial decisions, the valuation of investments and pricing securities using data from a range of different markets.
- This postgraduate degree will allow students whose career choices are likely to lie with financial institutions or in financial management to develop the relevant analytical tools and techniques necessary for such a career.
- The Finance and Investment MSc would also be beneficial and of interest to applicants who are already practitioners in the financial field.
- You will gain an advanced knowledge and understanding of corporate finance, financial markets, financial institutions and securities.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
MSc with Prof Practice
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599