•A UK first or second class Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification. Relevant professional experience is desirable. •Associate students who register for individual modules may progress to the Master's course by successfully completing four modules. •Applicants will be required to attend an interview.
Months of entry
This degree is designed for those with a broad interest in education and enables students to undertake a high-level, critical evaluation of educational theory and practice and develop the skills and confidence to enhance professional practice in learning organisations.
This course is available as the MA in Education, or the MA in Education with a specialism in:
- Leadership and Management
- Science, Maths, Technology (STEM) Education
- Social Justice, Equity and Inclusion
The MA in Education award enables you to:
- identify problems and questions in areas of interest and to design study plans or research strategies to deal with them;
- undertake a high-level, critical evaluation of educational theory and practice;
- develop the skills and confidence to enhance professional practice in learning organisations;
- undertake a critical and informed evaluation of relevant research.
Students will be offered a choice of focus for their dissertation which allows them to opt for a specialist MA in Education award.
The course is designed to accommodate those in full-time work: Classes run from 5.00 to 8.00pm. Attendance (full-time) is required two evenings per week. Attendance (part-time) is required one evening per week.
Information for international students
Campus accommodation for overseas students. For those students whose first language is not English: IELTS: 7 (min 6 in all areas) Pearson: 64 (51 in all subscores) BrunELT: 70% (min 60% in all areas) or equivalent is required
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||67|
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries
- + 44 (0) 1895 265599