Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a related subject.
Other subjects which involve a high degree of mathematical competence, such as other branches of Engineering with relevant work experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This MSc course in Advanced Electronic and Electrical Engineering is specifically designed for students who wish to pursue a broad programme of advanced studies, whilst also offering a wide range of specialist modules which open a variety of career pathways on graduation.
The distinctive feature of the MSc is its flexible structure – you are able to customise the content of your programme to meet your academic interests and career aspirations.
Core modules are used to ensure there is depth and breadth in key areas of electronic and electrical engineering – notably sensors and instrumentation, control, photonics, sustainable power systems, telecommunications, intelligent systems, medical systems, integrated circuits and embedded systems.
Having an advanced, broad level of engineering knowledge and skills is a prerequisite for improving your career options in a demanding and dynamic sector.
The course allows graduates with an electronic and electrical engineering background to further develop their skills as well as allowing able students from other numerate degree backgrounds to build up strong expertise in this area to complement their original undergraduate studies.
On the MSC programme you will:
- Gain the in-depth knowledge you need to resolve new, complex and unusual challenges across a range of electrical and electronics issues.
- Develop imagination, initiative and creativity to allow you to problem solve effectively.
- Become work ready for a career with leading engineering organisations.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599