A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Multimedia Technology, or a related subject. Students from Film & TV; Art & Design; Communications; or Media Studies who show promise of technical aptitude, and students from Engineering, Science, including Social and Computer Sciences/Information Technology who show design aptitude ,will also be considered.
Months of entry
This course provides a unique mix of multimedia and interaction design processes, design of 3D virtual reality and animation media, AV media and effects, and 3D media combined with real and virtual studio and on-location multimedia creation.
It not only focuses on the creative art and design aspects of digital media, but also on the theory and practice of the technical tools and techniques required for creating 3D, interactive real and virtual reality media through the development of design and technology knowledge, understanding and skills.
The MSc programme in Advanced Multimedia Design and 3D Technologies aims to develop a thorough knowledge of the design principles and techniques required for the design of combined real and virtual interactive and 3D multimedia, and an appreciation of the current research directions and opportunities that are available in this field of research.
On this course you will:
- Develop advanced knowledge and skills relevant to the design and creation of combined real, virtual interactive and 3D multimedia and tools, to assist in the creation of combined real and virtual interactive and 3D multimedia.
- Develop the ability to design complex combined real and virtual interactive and 3D multimedia creations, and the versatility to apply a variety of different design tools and technologies across a range of different media areas to realise the creation.
- Develop creativity and independent learning ability required for continuing professional development, further research, and for acquiring new skills at a high level.
- Gain an appreciation of the current research directions and opportunities that are available in this field of research.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599