A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, usually in Electrical or Electronic Engineering; Computer Science; Information Systems; Mathematics or Physics. Other qualifications and relevant experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This course provides exposure to the wide variety of technical, managerial and organisational issues essential to effective commercial deployment of data communication systems.
You will develop practical skills through the workshop module, both to reinforce the theory presented in lectures and to gain hands-on experience. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge, the data communications industry also considers project management, team working and presentation skills to be key attributes, which are all developed on the course.
Data communications is a rapidly expanding sector with exciting career prospects. In this fast moving environment postgraduate qualifications provide a competitive edge in career progression.
This course is aimed at widening and deepening the experience of academically capable graduates and practising engineers, specifically:
- Recent graduates in electrical or electronic engineering, computer science, physics and mathematics who wish to deepen their knowledge of the technological, commercial and managerial issues associated with data communication systems
- Practicing engineers who wish to update their knowledge.
- European and other overseas engineers who wish to broaden their education in the UK.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599