- A 2:2 (or above) UK first or second class Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in an engineering, science or technology subject.
- Other qualifications and subjects (including but not limited to mathematics, computer sciences, architecture, environmental sciences) will be considered with a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience and assessed on an individual basis.
Months of entry
The global shortage of qualified civil engineers includes specialists in water engineering and this MSc programme helps redress this imbalance by providing graduates with an advanced knowledge and skill base to equip them for senior industry roles.
Brunel’s MSc in Water Engineering is unique in providing specialist knowledge on the critical sub-topics of water and wastewater management and engineering, desalination systems, building water services engineering, industrial waste water management, and water in health care.
The programme demonstrates the links between theory and practice by including input from our industrial partners and through site visits. This is a key aspect for establishing a competitive and high added value course that provides adequate links with industry.
Features of the course include:
- Students’ skills in gathering and understanding complex information from a variety of sources (including engineering, scientific and socio-economic information) will be developed in an advanced research methods module.
- Issues relating to risk and health and safety will be introduced in the research methods module and built on in specialist modules.
- Generic modules in financial and project management will underpin specialist modules focusing on water engineering topics.
- Real problem-solving examples – starting from basic principles, to the identified problem, the solution, the implementation process and was implemented and the end result.
- Real case studies – demonstrating how environmental and economic sustainability is considered within civil engineering, particularly in water resources management.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599