A UK first or second class Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in Law. Other related disciplines and qualifications will be considered and in such cases assessed on an individual basis by the Postgraduate Director and an interview may be required.
Months of entry
About the Programme
The LLM in International Commercial Law is designed to provide a flexible route for students with the option to study full or part-time starting in either September or January. In addition to the dissertation, the programme offers 15 credit modules which allows our students to be able to choose the route of study that best suits them. This research-led course is designed for law graduates who wish to develop specialist knowledge in international commercial law. It will focus on conceptual and theoretical sources of the substantive laws regulating the fields of study; the procedural mechanisms for the application of those laws; and the challenges that attend evolution of principles, rules and procedures. Students on completing the programme are expected to be able to critically analyse legal concepts as well as practical scenarios. Such knowledge is increasingly sought by law firms, businesses and government bodies all over the world in response to the expansion of international trade and commerce and international regulation.
Typical modules available may include
- EU Competition Law
- Corporate Law
- International Trade Law
- Internet Law
- Principles of International Commercial Arbitration
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Theory of International Financial Regulation
- World Trade Organisation (WTO) Law
- Media Law and Regulation
- International Environmental Law
Copyright, Design and Allied Rights
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Business and Human Rights
- Corporate Governance and Corporate
- Practice of International Financial Regulation
- Practice of International Commercial Arbitration
- World Trade Organisation (WTO) and Human Rights
Modules maybe subject to change
Postgraduate students enjoy many benefits studying with us:
* A vibrant, friendly academic community with students and staff from the UK and over 100 countries.
* An outstanding reputation for research: 50% of our research was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the latest RAE.
* Students are encouraged to take an active part the activities of our seven research groups and centres, producing cutting edge knowledge of specialist legal subjects. The Centres host compelling international seminars and conferences which our students take part in.
* Compelling and challenging courses that draw continuing students, judges, solicitors, and other legal practitioners from the public and corporate sectors, government and ministry staff and practitioners involved in work with charities and NGOs.
* Robust student support services including a dedicated law study skills tutor and free in-sessional English language support for international students.
* A dedicated law library with access to online resources such as Hein onLine, Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw.
* Access to our award-winning Placement and Careers Centre for professional development support, which enhances the School's impressively high graduate employment rate.
* Study in a London law school situated on a campus-based university featuring over 100 clubs and societies, some of the best sports facilities of any university in the city, and competitively priced, modern on-campus accommodation.
* Participation in a network of leaders in industry and academia and our growing international alumni network.
Information for international students
English Language Requirements IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas) Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores) BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas) Visit our dedicated web pages for international students: www.brunel.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG enquiries
- 01895 265599