A UK first or second class Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in Law. Other related disciplines and qualifications will be considered and in such cases assessed on an individual basis by the Postgraduate Director and an interview may be required.
Months of entry
The International Financial Regulation and Corporate Law programme is designed for graduates seeking to gain a solid foundation into the growing discipline of financial regulations and corporate law in the international context. The programme focusses on the conceptual and theoretical aspects of substantive law and regulation in the field; the procedural mechanisms for the application of law; the challenges faced with the evolution of principles, rules and procedures; and the wider impact that regulations have on the wider society. Beyond the conceptual and theoretical focus, the course also covers the practical aspects of financial regulation in the domestic and international context. Brunel is one of the only law schools in the UK to offer this innovative programme.
The course is aimed at graduates from all over the world who are keen to develop an expertise in the evolving discipline and develop a career in financial services industry, law practice and the academia or continue into research.
Typical modules may include:
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility
- EU Competition Law
- Corporate Insolvency Law
- International Trade Law
- Corporate Law
- Theory of International Financial Regulation
- Practice of International Financial Regulation
- World Trade Organisation Law
* Please note that these modules are subject to change
"Brunel Law School has created a friendly and homely environment for everyone involved and I have been priveleged to work under the supervision of some of the best professionals in the legal academia" — Mathieu Le Tissier Nwankwo, PhD student and graduate of the LLM programme.
Postgraduate students enjoy many benefits studying with us:
* A vibrant, friendly academic community with students and staff from the UK and over 100 countries.
* An outstanding reputation for research: 50% of our research was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the latest RAE.
* Students are encouraged to take an active part the activities of our seven research groups and centres, producing cutting edge knowledge of specialist legal subjects. The Centres host compelling international seminars and conferences which our students take part in.
* Robust student support services including a dedicated law study skills tutor and free in-sessional English language support for international students.
* A dedicated law library open around the clock with access to online resources such as Hein onLine, Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw.
* Access to our award-winning Placement and Careers Centre for professional development support, which enhances the School's impressively high graduate employment rate.
* Study in a London law school situated on a campus-based university featuring over 100 clubs and societies, some of the best sports facilities of any university in the city, and competitively priced, modern on-campus accommodation.
* Participation in a network of leaders in industry and academia and our growing international alumni network.
Information for international students
English Language Requirements IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas) Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores) BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas) Visit our dedicated web pages for international students: www.brunel.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Brunel Course Enquiries
- 01895 265599