A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, in Law or a related subject (International Relations, Political Science, Criminology , and Criminal Justice).
Months of entry
The Brunel International Intellectual Property Law LLM is one of the most comprehensive programmes in the UK in the field of intellectual property.
The programme provides students with extensive knowledge on the fundamentals of intellectual property, as well as the opportunity to develop specialised skills through a wide range of elective modules, covering both policy and practical technology-related issues.
Intellectual property, especially at international level, is a fast-growing area of law largely due to the impact of technology. The widespread use of the Internet and other cross-border communications and commercial technologies has led to a comprehensive and complex legislative framework at international level (WTO, WIPO, EU). With the undisputed relevance of intellectual property in innovation and access to knowledge, the demand for structured study of the area has increased.
The LLM in International Intellectual Property Law keeps ahead of the 'curve' in thinking in this area, due to our highly active Intellectual Property research centre, which in addition to providing direction and support to students’ study, regularly hosts seminars and workshops, as well as international conferences.
- You will develop an expertise in the corpus and complexities of intellectual property law.
- You will acquire critical and analytical skills in the complex field of intellectual property law.
- You will be able to produce original research, apply knowledge and demonstrate practical and critical understanding
- You will gain valuable professional skills required to develop a successful career.
- You will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the legislative framework at international level (WTO, WIPO, EU).
This Master's course is designed for graduates from anywhere in the world who wish to develop a specialist knowledge on intellectual property law and related areas.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599