Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A 2:2 UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, and evidence of commitment to journalism as a career such as student journalism or work experience. Candidates with other qualifications will be considered with substantial prior journalism experience and assessed on an individual basis.
- We would like applicants to provide a statement demonstrating commitment to journalism (including previous experience) and a 200 word article based on an interview with someone interesting from their local area.
Months of entry
Do you want to report the news from the most interesting and important parts of the world? Are you committed to a career in journalism but need the professional skills?
From the moment you start our International Journalism MA course you will learn to deliver high quality video, audio, online and print journalism.
The International Journalism MA is designed to provide our students with digital multiplatform journalism skills and advanced understanding of the context of journalism in the fast changing world of news media. This is a challenging, employment orientated course in a major London university focussed on international reporting.
We believe the sooner you get practical experience of a real journalism workplace the sooner you will be ready to join the industry. All our students find placements in the news industry while they are with us. The course features a synthesis of practical and theoretical skills contextualising different forms of journalistic practice within a framework of technological, political and cultural change.
If you want to get a sense of what we do please visit our public facing website Journalism@Brunel which includes examples of student work, staff publications, our guest speaker roster and our discussions over topical journalism issues.
As a research university we are able to offer small course groups so we provide a bespoke service where we know and advise each student individually in their skills and journalism career. We choose students from all over the world.
Information for international students
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.5 (min 6 in all areas)
- Pearson: 58 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 65% (min 60% in all areas)
Fees and funding
Learn more at the postgraduate funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1895 265599