The course would be suitable for any of the following:
- Qualified commercial pilots with at least two years of experience as first officers or equivalent
- Aviation professionals holding a professional licence such as an EASA Aircraft Engineering Category B licence or an EASA Air Traffic Controller (ATCO) Licence
- Those who hold a foundation degree or an HND in any subject and are looking to top-up these qualifications to degree level in an aviation subject and having at least two years relevant experience working in industry
- Professionals working specifically in aviation organisations such as airlines and airports who have at least five years’ experience working in the industry, of which at least two years are in a supervisory or management role
- Professionals working in closely related industries such as transport and logistics who have at least five years’ experience, of which at least two years are in a supervisory or management role
- Military personnel who hold technical foundation degrees and HNDs and are looking to obtain civilian aviation qualifications.
Months of entry
This one year distance learning programme will help broaden your existing understanding of the aviation sector, and give you the specialist knowledge of the industry and skills to have a successful career within the field of aviation management. As you will typically already be working in the industry when undertaking this course, you will benefit from the opportunity to apply your commercial experience and convert it into an academic qualification.
This course will equip you with a wider knowledge of the aviation business and enhance your leadership and management potential, helping to boost your career prospects. The main themes covered include global business development, strategic management, sustainability and its implications, financial performance, and the airline business and its structure. You will also be required to complete a research project as part of the programme.
This programme is taught completely via our virtual learning environment (VLE) and you will not have to attend any workshops at the University. This will allow you to continue to work within your field whilst also completing your degree from anywhere in the world, and study at times to suit you.
Your online study resources typically include; web conferencing, podcasts, vodcasts, online discussion boards, and blogs. You’ll be assessed entirely by coursework.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- BSC (Hons)
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Maurice Gledhill
- 0330 123 2032