A typical offer will include a first degree of at least 2:2 classification in a relevant subject eg, Health and Social Care, Psychology, or Biology; or a first degree of at least 2:1 classification in a non relevant degree subject. All students require GSCE English, Maths and Science at Grade C or above (or equivalent). All applicants should also be able to demonstrate evidence of study within the last five years. If English is not your first language, an overall IELTS score of 7.0 or equivalent is required. Occupational health and criminal record checks will be carried out. Applicants must demonstrate insight into the nature of nursing and the role of the nurse.
Months of entry
The skills and abilities that you possess as a graduate will enable you to respond to the challenges of the programme in order to gain an academic award as well as registration as a nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) in a shorter timescale than usual.
The course aims to produce compassionate, confident and collaborative practice-ready nurses who will:
- negotiate and deliver intelligent care with compassion
- be skilled in working within a range of contexts
- respond effectively in complex and unpredictable situations
- become autonomous, able to manage and lead teams
- recognise opportunities for improvement and be innovative and responsive to changing needs of the population
- able to offer the employer an enhanced capability in leadership, innovation and research such that they can envision, influence and transform nursing practice.
This intensive programme encompasses both generic and field specific content in the three stages within the two years. It follows a modular structure and each stage consists of both theoretical and clinical experience components thus allowing for 50 per cent of programme time in the University and 50 per cent of programme time in clinical practice.
During your clinical experience there will be dedicated time where you will return to University for simulation of practice and integrated assessments. This will allow you to share your clinical experiences with your fellow students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Recruitment Team
- 0330 123 2023